Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Wild Iris Wedding Flowers



Wild Iris
 Dianna, from Wild Iris Wedding Flowers came out to Tranquility Hollow last week to take a tour and talk with us about her business! We are so excited to be getting more and more vendors out here so we can share their businesses with ya’ll! I had a question and answer form for Dianna, and wanted to be sure and share all her wonderful ideas! If you’re in the market for floral designs and décor for your wedding out at Tranquility Hollow (or even if you just want to spruce up an event) be sure and call Wild Iris Flowers to discuss if she is the right florist for you!
Q&A with Wild Iris
 Shelly: How long have you been in the flower business? How long have you been in the “florist for weddings” business?  
Dianna: I have been doing flowers since 2005.  This year I am focused on starting my own boutique wedding flower business. 
Shelly: What made you want to become a florist?
Dianna: I was interested in making a career change. I originally thought about doing event planning.  One day I was out shopping and went into a flower shop.  I started talking with the ladies there and something just clicked with me and I knew I wanted to work with flowers.  I took classes and worked in shops to grow my experience.  I love the detailed work that comes with doing wedding flowers.  I feel honored to be part of the Bride's special day.

Shelly: As a bride, what happens if the flowers I want in my wedding are not in season?
Dianna: Now, with the availability of wholesalers that work with various flowers growers, you can pretty much get any flower all year long.  But, in saying that, it is best to stay with flowers that are in season during the time of your wedding.  They will always look better and be more budget friendly.  There are lots of beautiful flowers out there and it is easy to find something that will work for you.  Sometimes if you think color instead of certain flowers it will open up your choices.
Shelly: Can you name a couple of popular flowers from each season?
Dianna:
Winter: Calla Lilies, Amaryllis, Orchids, Anemones
Springs: Peonies, Tulips, Roses, Gerber Daisies
Summer: Oriental Lilies, Hydrangea, Ranunculus, Agapanthus
Fall: Dahlias, Sunflowers, Mums, Chocolate Cosmos
Greenery, seed pods, Hypercom berries and succulents added in always adds interest and texture to a bouquet.  Most of these flowers are available all year.

Shelly: What would you say your “style” is?
Dianna: Wild Iris is a boutique shop and the result of my passion for flowers and all things earthy and natural. I love most flowers and foliage. I love interesting textures; I love moss, twigs, seedheads and putting them all together in creative and delicious combinations. I get tremendous pleasure from the weddings I do and hope my enthusiasm is infectious. I love working with a Bride to express her vision for her wedding flowers.
Shelly: Do you often have more than one wedding a day, or do you book each event solo?
Dianna: I only book one wedding at a time.  I am personally involved with every step of the process.  Starting with the consultation to the design of the flowers, each Bride gets my undivided attention to her special day.

Shelly: Do you ever make sample bouquets so the bride can see the concept before her big day?
Dianna: I can make sample bouquets, but there will be a charge for that.
Shelly: Can you offer any advice on linens, table settings, cakes, etc?
Dianna: I can offer advice on linens, table settings, cakes, etc.  I work with several wedding rental vendors so I can take care of that for you.
Shelly: Do you have a flat delivery fee or is it by the mile?
Dianna: I do have a flat delivery fee of $25.00.
Shelly: Do you have a separate charge for set-up and break down of floral décor?
Dianna: My charge for staying at the wedding or set-up and breakdown of floral décor starts at $50.00 per hour.

Here is the contact information in case you have more questions for Dianna or would like to book Wild Iris Flowers for your next event at Tranquility Hollow!
Dianna Easley

(918) 704-6662

No comments:

Post a Comment